What's New at MPL
Money Smart Week
Money Smart Week® is a public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. This is achieved by partnerships between your library and local organizations who come together once a year to stress the importance of financial literacy, inform consumers about where they can get help and provide free educational seminars and activities throughout the week. The effort was created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002.
Money Smart programming planned for the Morgantown Public Library include: couponing workshop, storytime about saving money, resume writing workshop, and more!
Look for Money Smart Week events at the Morgantown Public Library during the week of April 20 - 27, 2013.
WV Reads 150
Join the West Virginia Library Commission (WVLC), the West Virginia Center for the Book and libraries across the state in West Virginia Reads 150, a fun reading challenge that celebrates West Virginia's 150th birthday in 2013.
The year-long reading initiative encourages West Virginians to read 150 books in any format (printed book, e-book, downloadable text, etc.) from any source, during the course of 2013, West Virginia's sesquicentennial year. Books can be on any topic, fiction or non-fiction; they must be read between January 1 and December 31, 2013.
For more information on this program at the Morgantown Public Library, please visit our WV Reads 150 page or call (304) 291-7425 extensions 212 or 213.
New DVD Arrivals
March 2013 - While your waiting for the springtime flowers to arrive get the family together and watch some movies! From action/adventure movies to comedies, your local library has it all. Check us out!
- The First Time - Dave spends most of his time pining away over a girl he canít have. Aubrey has a hot boyfriend who doesnít quite understand her. Dave and Aubrey meet at a party, and over the course of a weekend discover what it's like to fall in love for the first time.
- Fun Size - Wren's mother, Joy, insists that she watch her little brother Albert on Halloween night, so Joy can go to a rager with her boyfriend. When Wren gets distracted by an invitation to the party of the year, Albert disappears into a sea of trick-or-treaters.
- The Life of Pi - Director Ang Lee creates a groundbreaking movie about a young man who survives a disaster at sea and is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure. While marooned on a lifeboat, he forms a connection with the ship's only other survivor -- a Bengal tiger.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower - A funny and touching coming-of-age story based on the beloved best-selling novel by Stephen Chbosky. This modern classic captures the dizzying highs and crushing lows of growing up. Starring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller.
- Playing For Keeps - Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Dennis Quaid star in this romantic comedy about a charming, down-on-his luck former soccer star (Butler) who returns home to put his life back together.
- Red Dawn - A city in Washington awakens to foreign paratroopers dropping from the sky the U.S. has been invaded and their hometown is the initial target. Quickly and without warning, the citizens find themselves prisoners and their town under enemy occupation.
- Skyfall - Daniel Craig is back as Ian Felming's James Bond 007 in the 23rd adventure in the longest-running film franchise of all time. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
- Wreck-It Ralph - Ralph is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix, the "good guy" star of their game who always gets to save the day. He takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a game-hopping journey across the arcade to prove he's hero material.
Back to top